Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy 58th Birthday Mom

This is my first post.  Today has been a good day.  Today has been a day for remembering and missing.  I lost my mom to kidney cancer after a thirteen year fight on Dec 26th, 2011.  She was 57 and had so much life to live, so many roads that had not been traveled or explored.  So many memories with her grandchildren that had not been created.  Our life as mother daughter was not always rosy, but she was my mom, and today she would have been 58 and I miss her.

Not all is lost.  I have memories, and I have inspiration to live my life moment by moment, no matter how tough this can be at times.  I have a husband that I choose to love through thick and thin, even when we seems eons apart, and I can't remember what we have in common...he chose me, I chose him, and even on the bad days I thank God for my blessings....they are my blessings, they are my good days, my bad days, and my creative days...good mom days, bad mom days....most awesome wife in the world days, and who is this mad women I share my life with? days.

Happy birthday mom!  You created me, and for that I am so grateful and blessed.  I miss you, and I miss want will not be, but I know you are in a much better place, and place without pain or tears, and I will always carry you in my heart forever, and always remember that life is so short and precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment